Since I really don't have anything to write about this week (because Eli has decided not to come yet) I thought I might post some promised pictures from our trip to Washington (be prepared there are lots)....
After we left the reunion (8/8/08) we went to the Space Needle and ate dinner at the Sky Cafe up at the top. Leona thought it was so cool to leave a picture up against the window and before we left we had rotated back around to the picture and she took it home (of course now we can't find it).
Our Family at the top!
Leona eating.jpg)
Aaron eating the cool dessert.
I can't remember what it's called?!?!
Standing under the Space Needle at night after our dinner.
The next day (8/9/08) we went on a ferry to Bremerton and spent a little bit of time there. We actually didn't do much because we miss calculated how long everything would take and we promised Leona we would go to the Pacific Science Center (PSC). Since we only had Saturday to do those things we had to hurry and get back on the next ferry leaving (about 45min. after we got there)so we would have a least a little bit of time at the PSC. That was okay though because there wasn't much that would interest the girls and the whole point of going was to ride on the ferry. So just our family left (we were with my in-laws and Aaron's aunt and cousin I don't think I said that yet). But of course our camera is broken (everyone else was taking pictures) and so the only pictures we have from the PSC are on our phones. Sorry they are not that great but you can get the idea! The PSC has tons of hands on interactive science activities for kids of all ages. I loved the butterfly room. They have built this sanctuary for butterflies and they just fly around and land on whatever they want, including people. In fact when you leave the room you check 3 times to make sure there aren't any on you! Leona and Dia loved the bubbles and dinosaurs. Aaron thought the speed exhibit was fun. And our whole family liked the mini human maze! We got pretty fast at it. I think Aaron went through 3 or 4 times. (But we didn't get any pictures!) Then that night we ate at the Rain Forest Cafe. If you've never been it's worth going at least once, just make sure you are ready for noise! It rains and lighting and thunder strikes every so often. Leona didn't like the thunder, but Dia thought the whole thing was great! (No pictures from there either.)
We rode on a ferry that looked like this.
The view of Seattle from the ferry. (My friend Tammy said I had to see the city like that and she was right!) It is an awesome sight!.jpg)
Our family on the ferry. The girls loved the wind!
The girls jumping in the puddles.
.jpg)
The girls jumping in the puddles..jpg)
Leona playing in bubbles at the PSC. (Dia and I are in the background.)

The girls and I in the butterfly room. Look at how big the butterflies are!

Then the last day there (8/10/08) we headed south and visited Mount Saint Helen. It was really an impressive sight! We watched a cool video in the visitor center about how it got to be the way it is today. After that we drove to the airport and headed home. We got home around 11pm. Needless to say we were all completely exhausted! It was an awesome trip though and I did lots of things I have never done before!
Our family at Mt. St. Helen
.jpg)
.jpg)
Cousin Kristine, Aunt Karol, and Grandma Adams.jpg)



4 comments:
That looks like so much fun! We made our blog private, so I need your email address to make sure you still have access.
nice pictures! we love seattle! of course we went there before the twins were born and spent all day at the music museum! loooooved it!
Thanks Laura! I sent you an invite.
Post a Comment