CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Cooking Cowboy and Cowgirls

Last night for FHE we decided to make cookies for dessert. Aaron started getting all the ingredients out for Toll House Chocolate Chip cookies only to discover that we were missing a key ingredient and couldn't make them. So we started looking for another recipe to make and found one called "Polka Dot" cookies. (They are a chocolate cookie with mint chips in them.) Aaron then decided that he couldn't bake without music so on came the country. Which then prompted the dress up cowboy hats to come out. So that's how the cookies were made with aprons, hats, and music. The girls had so much fun baking and dancing with Daddy I just had to take a picture. I am so grateful for my husband. He is the best father! The girls love when he gets home because then they have someone to wrestle with! Leona is always saying "when I grow up I'm going to be just like you, dad!" She even talks about wanting hairy arms like Aaron. I have tried to explain to her that she really doesn't, but I think she just likes the feel of rubbing his arms! Oh... and by the way the cookies turned out AWESOME! They are really minty and chocolaty and soft. You have to drink milk with them! If you want the recipe let me know I'd I'll send you an email. If you like mint you will love these!

P.S. Sorry the pictures are a little fuzzy. We are still using our blackberry phones for cameras because we have yet to fix our digital camera. Hopfully that will happen before the baby comes!

P.P.S. Aunt Wendy I want you to notice that the aprons still get good use!

5 comments:

Webster Family said...

Man do I feel good! I'm just glad they've held up! Sounds like a good recipe--you'll have to send it to me. Or maybe you can just make them for me at Christmas??

The Shane's said...

you guys are so cute!

the hamms said...

That sounds like so much fun!!! You look like you should be out here in texas with me, minus the hurricane

the hamms said...

Oh yeah, I want the recipe. I love eveything mint

makana said...

Hmmm.. my curoisity is peaked. I want the recipe! Mostly becuase I want yet another excuse to listen to counrty music and wear my pink cowgirl hat... i should look into some boots