CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 29, 2008

Am I really Growing Up?

So this week has been a reminder that I am growing up! (Or maybe just my children are!) Some days I don't feel like I really have, but after taking my oldest child to her first day of preschool I realized that I really do have an almost 4 year old! And one year from now I will have a child in kindergarten. Where did time go? Some days I am just amazed at how life goes on no matter what.

Here she is on her first day of preschool (8/25/08) showing off what she made and did in class! She is so proud and excited to be going to "school" like her cousins Rowan and Saxon!

I have to say that I am grateful that Leona is adventurous and is willing to go off by herself into this new environment. When we got there she was perfectly content to say good bye! Her sister on the other hand wasn't so thrilled that "Nona" wasn't coming with us. All the way to the car she kept calling for her. "Nona? Nona!" She is so used to having her big sister boss her around and constantly there I don't think she knew what to do when we got home and she had all the toys to herself. However, she was really excited when we went to pick Leona up! This has been the routine all week... sad and wanting her sister when we leave and get home and super happy when we get back to pick her up! It's really quite interesting to watch, especially when Leona tries to comfort Dia and reminder her that she gets to go home and play with mommy. Isn't being a mom amazing!

On a whole different note... Aaron took the first of four parts on the CPA exam this past Wednesday (8/27/08) and we will find out how he did in the next couple weeks. He felt pretty good about it so we'll take that as a good sign!

4 comments:

The Shane's said...

wow she is such a big girl now! i love that smile! the twins are starting preschool in a couple of weeks! we are nervous and thrilled! it's a coop preschool and i am actually working there their first day, so it'll be an easier transition hopefully. they now love nursery at church. they jump up and cheer "yeah, now we can go to nursery!" before the closing song is even finished! argh! lol!

makana said...

whoa... talk about time really flying! Well, at least yours is 4. My first one is still in the womb.

Doug and Megan said...

It goes so fast...Trey turned 4 1/2 last week, and I've had a slight panic attack realizing this is the last school year I get to keep him home. He's so excited to start kindergarten next year, but it's frightening for me- once Trey goes, Luke goes the next year. At least I get Austin for a couple more years! I can't believe she's that old!

the hamms said...

BEING A MOM HAS BEEN THE BEST THING THAT I COULD HAVE EVER IMAGINED, HOPE YOU ARE DOING AWESOME