CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Prop 8 Celebration Party

Tuesday night after we had done all we could do to "get out the vote" a group my friends decided, on a whim, that we should go to the Yes on 8 celebration party that we had heard about in downtown Sacramento. We had such a good time! It was a small gathering, but it was definitely inspiring to be there with a group of people that believed as we did, to hear the announcement (when they felt comfortable enough to call it), and celebrate with everyone that had worked just as hard as we had to pass something we all beleived in so much was something I don't think I'll ever forget. Below are two pictures that Aaron captured live online of those that I went with. (I'll probably post other pictures later when I get them from my friend.)

From Left to Right (the faces you can see) Lillian Gledhill, Amber Dixon, Ellen Smedley, and Jaynie Dufort


MaryJane Matos (in the green) and me hold my baby

P.S. Jaynie was interviewed by both local channel 3 and local channel 10. Ellen was interviewed by the Associated Press and her quote ended up in newspapers, on internet sites and on blogs across the United States.

8 comments:

Anita Baker said...

i cannot believe this.

The Shane's said...

that was awesome! i actually posted a bit from ellen's article on my facebook! i am so proud of all of you and all the work you did!

The Jensens said...

It has been interesting to hear all that has been going on for you all here in Utah. That is cool that you go to go and celebrate at the party. I'm proud of all that you guys did with this issue!!

the hamms said...

is that the only pic you have of the new babe!! C'mon I wan to see him

Anonymous said...

I agree with Rachel! When are you going to update your blog? You do know that it is almost Christmas right? It is cool though to see that you are a celebrity at live online!
Love,
Leah

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

Hello!!!!! Where are you?!!! I hope everything is okay. I'm starting to worry that 3 kids is harder than I thought it would be! If YOU can't blog with 3 than I am in serious trouble!

Tony and Courtney Bozzuto said...

Hey Laura, I love seeing what your family is up to. You guys are so cute! I found your blog through Kelsey and Glen Bailey. Talk to you soon. -Courtney
bozzutoblog.blogspot.com

Lori and Brian Faulconer said...

Yay!!! you finally blogged! (sort of.)